The Japan Information & Culture Center (JICC)
The Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC) is the cultural and public affairs section of the Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles. We provide information on a wide variety of topics about Japan, exchange programs and local services and events. Our purpose is to promote a better understanding of Japan and Japanese culture and to strengthen Japan-U.S. relations through many cultural and educational outreach programs. For more information, please see the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' page on Japan's Public Diplomacy .
The JICC is located in the office of the Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles; our facilities include a lending library that functions as a reading and screening room, accessible through the Consular Section entrance on the 17th floor of the City National 2CAL building.
Please click here for our holiday schedule and for access to our location.
General Information & Outreach
- Respond to written, telephone, electronic, and in-person inquiries -- see our contact information below
- Create and issue Japan Focus monthly eNewsletter
- Maintain a Local Events Calendar of Japanese cultural activities and Japan-related events
- Issue press releases & maintain media relations
- Send speakers to teach about Japan and Japanese culture, from elementary school visits through university lectures
- Maintain public reading room and active loaning library of books and videos
- "Japan in a Suitcase," flags, and other cultural items for loan to educators and qualifying groups
- Distribute educational packets to students, teachers, and others
- Give information about study and exchange programs to Japan, including the JET Program and MEXT Scholarships
- Provide application materials and catalogs for universities in Japan
- Advise and connect students and teachers to study opportunities in Japan
||General inquiries (English), Japan Focus, Local Events Calendar|
||General inquiries (Japanese); Japanese media; Information about things in Japan|
||JET Program inquiries|
||MEXT Scholarships, Study in Japan|
||School Visits Program, Library & Videos|