Visiting Japan & Visa
In order to reduce cross-border travels as much as possible, please consider postponing the travel to Japan during this period, unless it is truly urgent.
The information listed below applies to standard entry procedures and does NOT fully apply to the entry procedures under COVID-19 restrictions. Currently, foreign nationals arriving from the United States or other designated countries/regions will be denied entry to Japan unless there are “Exceptional Circumstances.” Please read “IMPORTANT GUIDANCE ON JAPAN’S BORDER CONTROL MEASURES RELATED TO COVID-19” for more information.
What is JNTO ?
Official Name: Japan National Tourism Organization
Established: 1964 Purpose: Committed to the development of international tourism exchanges
Headquarters: 4-4-1, Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0004 Details of Headquarters
JNTO is involved in a broad range of activities both domestically and worldwide, to encourage international tourists from all over the world to visit Japan.
1) Promotion of Japanese tourism
2) Operation of the Tourist Information Center in Japan for international visitors
3) Administration of Guide-interpreter examinations
4) Publication of tourism statistics and market reports
5) Providing support for international conventions and incentive events