Examples of Support from Japan (As of May 27th)
- Hitachi is contributing to the Access Books program to provide 1,100 books to under-served children who are learning at home. Also throughout the U.S., Hitachi is producing PPE, funding $100,000 to research COVID-19 health disparities and enabling online STEM education.
- IRIS USA (Surprise, AZ) donated face masks to front line professionals to Riverside, California – the Sister City of Sendai, Japan.
- Mazda donated $70,000 to the Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) donated TV monitors with tuners to homeless shelters of Los Angeles.
- Toyota Auto Body Corporation (Long Beach, CA) made a donation of $25,000 to The United Way Los Angeles.
- Toyota Motor North America (Plano, TX) turned to producing 3-D printed face shields to help protect medical workers on the front-line. Total 5,000 face shields have already been given to local medical institutions (Keck Medicine of USC, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, St. Francis Medical Center).
- IRIS USA (Surprise, AZ) donated 20,000 surgical masks to State of Arizona.