Consulate-General of Japan in Los Angeles



How to Apply for a Visa (No appointment necessary)

1. Visa applications are accepted only from residents in our jurisdiction.

2.Only those with long-term resident status in the U.S. can apply for a visa.

Proof of residency includes the following:
  • U.S. passport (U.S. citizen)
  • Alien registration card (i.e. U.S. green card) (permanent resident of the U.S.)
  • Valid long-term visa (Short term visa, for example B1/B2 visa, is not acceptable.)
  • Valid I-20 (student)

3.Visa requirement chart

Work/Long Term Stay page link Short Term Stay page link Visa exemptions link